Receive innovative physical, occupational, and speech therapy after surgery, illness, or injury to help regain your strength and perform at your optimal level. We employ our own therapists, and they use the latest techniques and equipment to get you back home as quickly as possible. Out-patient therapy services are provided as well. Learn more.
Friday, September 17
Summer’s end may be around the bend, but that won’t stop us from soaking up every sunny day we can! It was a beautiful morning for a pontoon cruise. We are so thankful for our team and the Dove Healthcare Community Foundation for making trips like this possible.
Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation in Bloomer
Since 2017, the caring professionals at Dove Healthcare - Bloomer have dedicated themselves to supporting and advancing our mission to provide compassionate care and service to meet the needs of those who depend on us.
Whether your stay at our nursing home is short-term or long-term, you will appreciate comfortable, spacious accommodations and receive personalized care by skilled nurses and certified nursing assistants twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. We invest heavily in our employees, therapy gyms, and equipment, so you receive the most advanced care and progressive treatment.
These are a few of our favorite things…
- Enjoying the views of Lake Como, woods, and fields while lounging on the patio
- Biking around town on our trishaw
- Relaxing on the lake from the comfort of our pontoon
- Cruising the lake loop on our spiffy golf cart
- Baking, singing, crafting, snacking, puzzling, drawing, mingling, and more
- Going out on the town to shop, eat, browse, and explore
- Kicking up our heels (and wheels) every Friday at Happy Hour where live music and drinks accompany laughter and joy!
Full Spectrum of Care Options
Take advantage of our wide range of capabilities for personalized care. We collaborate with your physician and the professionals in our therapy, nutritional services, recreation, and social services departments. Learn more.
24/7 Skilled Nursing
Receive quality care by licensed nurses 24 hours a day. Our nursing team ensures your well-being with professional care in prevention, rehabilitation, education, and personal support. As your needs change, we are here to help you in a dignified and compassionate manner. Learn more.
Ensure a higher level of wound care for complex wounds related to surgery, diabetes, vascular disorders, poor circulation, and more. With a focus on prevention, healing, and comfort, our experienced professionals care for patients with complicated wound treatment and assessment needs. Learn more.
Rest assured your loved one receives comfort, support, and compassionate care during their final days. We also have partnerships with area hospice agencies for those that desire this additional support service. Learn more.
Notable Features and Services
- Conveniently located near Hwy 53 and a hospital and clinic
- 46 private rooms and 2 shared rooms each with a private restroom
- An expansive lounge area next to the outdoor courtyard with walking path for gatherings and activities
- Three nutritious meals daily with snacks and beverages available 24-hours a day
- Access to licensed hair stylist/barber in the on-site hair salon
- A variety of daily activities encourage socialization and camaraderie, as well as routine community outings
- Great outdoor adventures with our pontoon, golf cart, and trishaw bike
- Annual Honor & Remember Them tree lighting and ceremony
- Community clergy provide worship services
- Housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services
Rated High Performing by U.S. News & World Report
The high performing rating for short-term rehabilitation and long-term care designates our nursing home with two Best Nursing Home badges for 2020-21. According to U.S. News, only 21% of nursing homes in the United States (15,000+) earned at least one badge. The designation is only given to those homes that satisfy U.S. News's assessment of the appropriate use of key services and consistent performance in quality measures.
Rated 5 Stars by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Star ratings assigned to the categories quality measures, staffing ratios, and annual health inspection results are combined to calculate an overall rating. (2020 National Average 3.12 | State Average 3.49)
The team at Dove Healthcare - Bloomer helped me gain my independence back. They met my needs both mentally and physically. I went from being non-mobile and needing a hoyer lift to now walking over 100 feet with a walker, getting up by myself, and going home.
Meet Our Team
Joe Muench, NHA
Vanessa Harrison, RN, WCC
Director of Nursing & Wound Care Nurse, 2017
Courtney Drury, OTR/L
Rehabilitation Director, 2015
Katie Hoppe, CSW
Admissions Coordinator & Social Services, 2017
Nutritional Services Director, 2008
Recreation Director, 2019
Environmental Services & Maintenance Director, 2018
Kari Engelstad, RN
Nurse Case Manager, 2019
Jeni Greenwell, RN
Nurse Case Manager, 2018
Wanda Ducommun, RN
MDS Coordinator, 2015
Registered Dietitian, 2021
Rachel Hable, PT
Physical Therapist, 2017
Reisa Hilbert, PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant, 2016
Amanda Toscano, COTA
Occupational Therapist Assistant, 2009
Rebecca Fuller, SLP
Speech Language Pathologist, 2012
Administrative Assistant, 2015
Health Unit Coordinator, 2018
Reimbursement Specialist, 2018
Kristen Bruxvoort, MD
Medical Director, 2015
Jeremy Kiley, NHA
Regional Director of Operations, 2004
Regional Director of Finance, 2001
Regional Director of Community Relations, 2007
Jenny Risinger, PHR
Regional Director of Human Resources, 2009
Recruitment Specialist, 2019
Juliane Ader, BSW, MS, NHA
Health Information, Transportation, & Education Director, 2006