- 34 apartments, 1 and 2-bedroom
- 24-hour access to trained caregivers
- A nurse consultant to address general health concerns
- A nutritious lunch hour meal, seven days a week includes a choice of two entrees
- A variety of social activities
- Housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services
- Access to on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy by Dove Healthcare therapists
- On-site hair salon
- A spacious community room used for tenant meetings, entertainment, and family gatherings
Take a virtual tour. Watch this video.
Thursday, February 22
Make plans to attend Winterfest! We hope to see you. Check out the details below.
Assisted Living in Barron
Our assisted living services at Dove Healthcare – Barron are designed to provide you a helping hand with everyday activities, so you can live as independently as possible. Just as important, family members have peace of mind knowing their loved one is supported and comfortable.
You will also appreciate knowing in the event of an emergency or illness, help is right next door at the Barron hospital. Connected to our assisted living by an enclosed walkway, both the hospital and clinic are easily accessible. Furthermore, our close association with Dove Healthcare – Rice Lake assures skilled nursing and rehabilitation services are easily accessible if you require out-patient therapy or a short-term, in-patient stay after hospitalization or illness.
Within the community of senior living providers, we strive to be known for our inviting atmosphere; professional, friendly caregivers; and the quality of our services.
Services + Amenities
Personalized Care Plans
Your personalized plan of care can include:
- Administering and managing your medications
- Communicating with your physician and pharmacy to ensure accurate coordination and delivery of care
- Monitoring of weight and vital signs
- Assisting you with activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, bathing and grooming)
- Coordinating your medical appointments and transportation
On-Site Clinic Services
Avoid the hassle of transportation and inclement weather, as well as reduce your exposure to illness. As a resident of Dove Healthcare – Barron Assisted Living, you can elect to use our on-site nurse practitioner services.
We collaborated with a local medical clinic to have a nurse practitioner provide on-site visits to address concerns and medical needs that do not require a visit out to a community clinic or emergency room.
On-site visits may include exams; order writing/clarification; coordination of care; nursing direction; and referrals to heart failure clinics, anticoagulation clinics, palliative care programs, and other ancillary providers to enhance consistency of care. Outcomes may include decreased need for office visits; improved response time to medical needs; and reduced admissions to the hospital.
If you elect to use this service, the nurse practitioner will become your primary medical provider. The cost of the visit is covered by your insurance or Medicare coverage (exactly the same as if you went to the clinic).
All-Inclusive Monthly Rate
The monthly rate includes room and board, all meals, personal care assistance, nursing services, medication administration, housekeeping, laundry services, etc. We do not have additional care levels or care points resulting in additional fees, as is common with most other assisted living providers. As a tenant of Dove Healthcare – Barron Assisted Living, you can count on paying the same rate, regardless of the assistance you need.
All the Comforts of Home
Your one or two-bedroom apartment will provide privacy and independence. Decorated and furnished by you to feel like home, you will appreciate:
- Locked visitor entrance allows you to confidently grant entrance into the building from inside your apartment
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom with shower or tub/shower
- 24-hour emergency response via a pull cord in the bathroom and bedroom
- Walk-in closet
- Full kitchen with electric stove and refrigerator/freezer
- Personal heat and A/C controls
- Complimentary heat, water, cable television, and WiFi
- Indoor or outdoor parking
- Indoor postal service and trash/recycling receptacles
- All first floor apartments have their own private, outdoor patios
I am so thankful that God lead me to live at Dove Healthcare - Barron. It has become my home. The director is so thoughtful, kind, and caring. The nurse, CNAs/RAs, and the workers doing the cleaning, cooking, and serving go beyond their line of duty to help you. We became almost like family - playing games, doing crafts, watching movies, exercising, visiting, and so much more.
I would highly recommend Dove Healthcare - Barron as a retirement community. All tenants are in the same boat as you. The help is very friendly, cheerful, and willing to help in any way if you need it - like cleaning, laundry, medications. Plus, very affordable grocery delivery and taxi service in Barron and to Rice Lake. Living here certainly gives your children complete peace of mind.
Meet Our Team
Lori Van Ess
Rachel Ranney, RN
Assisted Living Nurse Supervisor, 2018
Angella Niblett, PTA
Regional Director of Rehabilitation, 2015
Maintenance Director, 2022
Maintenance Technician, 2023
Tori Feckner, COTA
Rehabilitation Manager, 2016
Hannah Overlien, NHA
Joe Muench, NHA
Director of Operations (Barron County | Chippewa County) 2015
Jeremy Kiley, NHA
Regional Director of Finance, 2001
Regional Director of Marketing & Communications, 2007
Jenny Risinger, PHR
Regional Director of Human Resources, 2009
Juliane Ader, BSW, MS, NHA
Health Information and Transportation Director, 2006