- 39 private studio apartments
- 24-hour care provided by trained resident assistants
- On-site, full-time registered nurse; also 24/7 on-call coverage
- Advanced call system for easy access to resident assistants 24/7
- Nutritious meals with snacks and beverages available 24-hours a day
- A variety of social activities and community outings
- Housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services
- Access to on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy by Dove Healthcare therapists
- Access to licensed hair stylist/barber in Mary's Salon at Dove Healthcare – West Eau Claire
- We are contracted with several area hospice providers for those that choose additional support with disease management and end-of-life care.
Take a virtual tour. Watch this video.
Hear why our residents love living here.
Sunday, February 18
We recently had the pleasure of Rachel, our nurse pictured here on the left, having her mother-in-law, Sue, be our guest Bingo caller! Thank you so much, Sue! We had so much fun with you and hope you'll be back soon.
Assisted Living in Eau Claire
Our assisted living services at Dove Healthcare – Orchard Hills Assisted Living are designed to provide you a helping hand with everyday activities, so you can live as independently as possible. Just as important, family members have peace of mind knowing their loved one is supported and comfortable.
Conveniently located next to Dove Healthcare – West Eau Claire, our close association assures skilled nursing and rehabilitation services are just a step away if you require out-patient therapy or a short-term, in-patient stay after hospitalization or illness.
Within the community of senior living providers, we strive to be known for our inviting atmosphere; professional, friendly caregivers; and the quality of our services.
Services + Amenities
Personalized Care Plans
Your personalized plan of care can include:
- Administering and managing your medications
- Communicating with your physician and pharmacy to ensure accurate coordination and delivery of care
- Managing diabetes, including blood sugar checks, insulin injections, and diet modifications
- Monitoring of weight and vital signs; pharmacy services; on-site lab draws; INR testing; On-site mobile x-ray upon order; and nebulizer treatments
- Accommodating specialized diets; mechanical soft and pureed; thickened liquids
- Assisting you with activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, bathing and grooming)
- Helping you transfer (one person and stand-by assist)
- Coordinating your medical appointments and transportation
A Registered Nurse (RN) is on-site full-time Monday-Friday and available to the Resident Assistants (RA) by phone 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The RN ensures your well-being with professional care in prevention, education, and personal support. As your needs change, the entire care team at Dove Healthcare - Rutledge Home is here to help you in a dignified and compassionate manner.
Benefit from services provided by our RN:
- Answers health and medication related questions
- On-going communication with physician and pharmacy to ensure accurate coordination and delivery of care
- Monitors the effectiveness and potential side effects of medications (i.e. pain, mood, sleep, and behavior medications); update the resident’s physician as needed
- Monitors illness trends of residents and staff to assure appropriate actions are taken
- Supervises and monitors each resident’s medication regimen, including diabetes management
- Fall prevention programming and implementation
- Available 24-hours a day to assist RAs in determining how to respond to a resident's health concern or change in condition
- Lab draws when the hospital / clinic is unable to make an on-site visit
- Assessments for falls, safety, skin, and elopement risk
- Reviews RA charting and follow up as needed with RA, resident, family, and physician
- Evaluate non-life threatening medical conditions (i.e. signs of cold or flu, rashes, weight loss, appetite or sleep changes)
- Attend resident / family care conferences (scheduled as-needed)
On-Site Clinic Services
Avoid the hassle of transportation and inclement weather, as well as reduce your exposure to illness. As a resident of Dove Healthcare – Orchard Hills Assisted Living, you can elect to use our on-site nurse practitioner services.
We collaborated with a local medical clinic to have a nurse practitioner provide on-site visits to address concerns and medical needs that do not require a visit out to a community clinic or emergency room.
On-site visits may include exams; order writing/clarification; coordination of care; nursing direction; and referrals to heart failure clinics, anticoagulation clinics, palliative care programs, and other ancillary providers to enhance consistency of care. Outcomes may include decreased need for office visits; improved response time to medical needs; and reduced admissions to the hospital.
If you elect to use this service, the nurse practitioner will become your primary medical provider. The cost of the visit is covered by your insurance or Medicare coverage (exactly the same as if you went to the clinic).
All-Inclusive Monthly Rate
The monthly rate includes room and board, all meals, personal care assistance, nursing services, medication administration, housekeeping, laundry services, etc. We do not have additional care levels or care points resulting in additional fees, as is common with most other assisted living providers. As a resident of Dove Healthcare - Orchard Hills Assisted Living, you can count on paying the same rate, regardless of the assistance you need.
All the Comforts of Home
Your studio apartment will provide privacy and independence. You will have the opportunity to decorate your studio apartment to make it feel just like home.
Additional Living Options
Need a break from caregiving? Ask about our short-stay, respite care. Enjoy a vacation from caregiving knowing your loved one is receiving compassionate care in a respectful environment. Your stay includes all of the assisted living services and amenities, including a fully furnished apartment.
Just want to test the waters of assisted living? Our short stay option is also a great opportunity for someone not quite ready to commit to a long-term stay. Call our assisted living director for details.
Meet Our Team
Director of Assisted Living - Chippewa Valley, 2016
Assistant Director, 2015
Rachel Ranney, RN
Assisted Living Nurse Supervisor, 2018
Angella Niblett, PTA
Regional Director of Rehabilitation, 2015
Nutritional Services Director, 2001
Recreation Director, 2018
Maintenance Director, 2018
Adam Hass, PTA
Rehabilitation Manager & Physical Therapist Assistant, 2023
Tricia Thatcher, MS, RD, CD
Ashley Smetana, NHA
Director of Operations (Eau Claire & Osseo), 2017
Jeremy Kiley, NHA
Regional Director of Finance, 2001
Regional Director of Marketing & Communications, 2007
Jenny Risinger, PHR
Regional Director of Human Resources, 2009
Juliane Ader, BSW, MS, NHA
Health Information and Transportation Director, 2006